Lingering smoke odor in a car can be quite disturbing and unhealthy as well, especially when your family sits in the car with you. You need to take necessary steps to get rid of the cigarette smoke odor from the car. But unfortunately, you cannot wash or repaint the walls as in case of a house. So what can you do to eliminate the cigarette smoke odor from your car?
Cigarette smoke smell can easily get absorbed by the fabric in the car and it is hard to remove the odor but with a few tips and tricks, you can get successful in removing this stubborn smell from the car without washing.
Clean the Car of Any Cigarette Residue
- The first thing you need to do is to clear your car from any cigarette residue to completely remove the smell.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the car including carpets and dashboard to remove the entire residue.
- Clean the carpets to soak any left cigarette residue using the vacuum cleaner.
- Clean the ashtray of your car and wash it. Spray an air freshener on it and rub using a kitchen paper.
- Hang an air freshener in the car to remove the noxious odor. Leave the doors and windows of the car open for a while to vent the air.
- Turn the heater of your car on for some time to clear the cabin’s air filter. You may also consider replacing it if you haven’t done it for a long time.
Use Chemical Cleaners to Clean Upholstery
- You may need to consider using an upholstery cleaner to neutralize any offending odor from the car seats and carpets. Spray the cleaner onto the upholstery and rub it using a brush, then clean it with a damp cloth. Use an antibacterial cleaner as it will be helpful in removing smoke odor.
- You can use a pet odor eliminator to get rid of stains from the car. This will also help you to remove any odd smell and can work wonders.
- Place dry sheets in the car to absorb any unpleasant smell and it also releases a fresh scent when in contact with the sunlight. But make sure to replace the dry sheets often as its ability to release a pleasant odor will diminish after some time.
Use Baking Soda
Baking soda is great for removing unpleasant odor from the car be it cigarette smoke smell or any other smell. Sprinkle a little baking soda over every porous surface in the car you can find which include seats, matt, roof, etc. Wait for a day for it to disinfectant any unpleasant odor and then vacuum it up using a vacuum cleaner.
Place Ground Coffee in Your Car
Coffee has a strong smell which can easily overpower any other odor present in the car. Place a bowl of ground coffee in the car for a few hours and you will smell an amazing mocha in the morning when you drive to your office.
Use ZEP commercial smoke eliminator
This ZEP commercial smoke odor eliminator is the best cigarette odor eliminator that gets rid of the cigarettes, smoke and cigars smell and fire smell at the source. And it also neutralizes bathroom and garbage odors fast and quickly. The non-toxic formula leaves restrooms, cars, closets and other spaces smelling clean and fresh.