One of the most irritating and persistent problem in houses that the homeowners face is the mold growth. It is a common consequence of water or moisture damage in the house which is quite hard to get rid of. The fungus has the ability to grow in the areas that are damp, poorly ventilated and warm. It not only results in a musty odor in the house but it also causes serious health-related issues.
People who are prone to asthma and allergies may get disturbed in the rooms having mold or moisture problem. It is important to get rid of mold issues in a timely manner in order to control it from progressing.
Tips for Getting Rid of Mold in Your House
Below are described some useful tips that can help you get rid of mold or mildew in the house:
Eliminate the source of moisture.
The first step of getting rid of the mold or mildew from the house is eliminating the source of moisture. Moisture provides a favorable environment for the mild to grow along with the warmth and the absence of airflow and light. The places which are prone to mold growth are usually bathrooms, roof ceilings, kitchen, etc. So the first step in removing mold is to get rid of the source of moisture.
Clean your kitchen, roof, and bathroom regularly and use a dry cloth to clean it out. If the basement of your house is often damp there may be cracks in the mortar letting the moisture in. Replace the cracked mortar for improvements. You can also use dehumidifiers to remove the moisture from the house or open the doors and windows to let the fresh air cross.
Clean the mold using solutions or mixtures.
Cleaning mold is not easy but with the help of some cleaning solutions or the mixtures made from natural ingredients, cleaning mold can be made easy. Some of the mixtures you can use for mold cleaning are as follows:
Vinegar is quite effective in cleaning mold from the house and it is safe to use with the house occupants around. Put white vinegar or apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it on the mold. Let the solution sit for about an hour and then wipe it with a piece of cloth. Make sure to use it only on the non-porous surfaces.
Ammonia is a dangerous chemical so you need to vacant the room for using it and also take precautionary measures like wearing a mask and protective gear while using it. Use 50% water and 50% clear ammonia mixture and spray it on the mold, let it sit for a few hours and wipe.
It is quite effective in cleaning mold from the house but it releases toxic gasses when used with ammonia or other cleaners. You can make a mixture of a gallon of water and a cup of bleach to spray on the mold.
Mold cleaning can best be done by the professionals having experience in this field. Look for a reputable company that provides mold cleaning service to get rid of this problem at its earliest.