Experiencing a flooded basement or home is indeed a tough task, particularly if the flood damage is extensive. This type of scenario is never a fun experience and it can certainly devastate a home owner. And the obvious consequence of a flooded home is having cracks in the foundation of your house.
Furthermore, flood water damage can also cause fungus and mold to develop, and it can surely ruin your entire precious possessions.
Because of these reasons water removal processes are extremely tough to perform. Water damage or flood damage is possibly one of the most difficult to repair or restore. Depending on the water damage intensity, many water damage scenarios often cause major remodeling or lead to razing of homes.
If you have ever faced a home, getting flooded, then perhaps, you already know that wetness and dampness are going to be in the entire place. Even after the complete water extraction, the humidity levels in your interior can grow and this is the best time for viruses and mold to rise.
My house flooded what do I do?
Here is how to clean up after a flood and how to remove water from the basement:
(1) Thoroughly clean every possession you have in the home or replace it, especially if your possession came into contact with flooded water. While doing basement flood clean up by yourself, important things you should make a note of include books, furniture, carpet, curtains, food and much more. You must thoroughly clean the things if it got near the flooded environment.
(2) You must immediately carry out the water removal process and do the water damage restoration after the flood days. The reason is that flood can cause moisture, which can create health problems soon. Due to this reason, it is very important to immediately get rid of flood water. Keep in mind that you must wipe out moisture and humidity from our home in order to make any of your water removal process successful.
House flooded-how to dry out?
(3) When it comes to doing a successful water removal process, you must get a dehumidifier and a couple of fans. This is the most basic step to know about how to prevent mold after water damage. As mentioned earlier, it is essential that you eradicate all moisture from the area because bacteria, fungi, and mold can feast in such an area.
(4) Once you dehumidify and dry out your environment, then you can now start the cleaning. Keep in mind that, here, timing is very important because you are preventing the growth of bacteria and molds in your house. Remember that flood water can damage anything in your home and anywhere. Hence, you should clean everything thoroughly.
(5) If you notice that flood water damage is out of your hand, then you may think about calling in a water damage restoration repair services. The reason is that when it comes to cleaning up a flooded home, an expert would be equipped to handle any clean-up and restoration procedures. These water extraction service experts usually work fast and efficiently to avoid further serious flood damages. They are certified, well-trained specialists who can restore your home with the right tools, equipment, and techniques.
(6) If you are thinking of hiring flood cleanup companies that provide 24-hour emergency service, then you must promptly do it. The longer you wait the probability of risking your family member’s health can definitely increase as bacteria, mold, and viruses are already present in the standing flood water. Worse, the water can cause damage to your home’s foundation. When you face this scenario, never delay any attempts of water removal since this will just cause more serious problems afterward.